Inventory Accountant - Macquarie Park
Job no: ATR2296
Work type: Permanent
A rare opportunity has arisen in our Landmark Loveland Agri Products Group for a switched on Inventory Accountant. Based in Macquarie Park and reporting to the Financial Controller, this position is primarily responsible for most inventory accounting functions.
This role is responsible for:
- Assistance in Divisional month end, quarter end and financial year closure including preparation of working papers, analysis and reconciliations.
- Management/Financial reporting
- Developing inventory analysis reports and analyzing variances
- Assisting in the improvement in internal controls related to inventory
- Verifying accurate standard costs
- Monitoring inventory transactions including reconciling positions to 3P sites
- Reconciling inventory accounts to the general ledger
- Preparing monthly journal entries as needed
- Backup Ownership of the month end process
- Assistance in USD transactional processing
- Assistance in other ad hoc reporting requirements
In order to be considered for this great opportunity you will need to display the following skills, strengths and attributes:
- CA or CPA qualification is essential with 5+ year’s experience gained in an inventory or management accounting role within a manufacturing environment as an Inventory or Cost Accountant
- The successful candidate will display strong financial/management accounting background and be able to display initiative.
- Strong financial modelling and excel skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- The ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented, sense of urgency and follow-through.
- An eye for process improvement
- Ability to multi-task, work independently or in a team, and work effectively in varying environments with the ability to take on new tasks.
- A flexible and pro-active attitude, and demonstrate initiative in achieving assigned goals as your role grows with the business.
- Experience working with a large ERP system such as Peoplesoft or SAP advantageous
- Financial reporting experience to the US preferred but not essential.
This is a great opportunity to work within a diverse, friendly and supportive team environment.
If this role is of interest to you and you meet the criteria for the role, please apply on the link below, or if you would like to discuss this position further please contact Juliet Molam – 02 9889 5400
Applications close 25th February 2018
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Be part of our future